Monday, September 9, 2019

Bonjour et Bienvenue!


Bienvenue and welcome to the Core French class at Glenwood elementary. My name is Mrs. Watanabe and I will be your child's French teacher for the 2019-2020 school year. 

I have created this blog as a way to share and communicate what we are doing in French class. I hope that this blog site will help generate some discussions at home about what your child learning in the class.

With the BC's new curriculum, French class may look a little different that it did when (if) you took Core French.  Under the new curriculum, we focus on an integrated approach in order to acquire a second language. This means that reading, writing, listening and speaking competencies will be integrated throughout the curriculum. 
If you would like to access the new curriculum documents, you can do so by clicking the link below. 

Communication between parents, students, and the student’s teacher is one of the most important tools that enables children to be successful. I invite you to send 
an e-mail me at michiyo_watanabe@mrpm.sd42.ca if you have any questions or concerns. I will be happy to hear from you. 

I am very excited about the upcoming school year and look forward to working with you and your child.

Merci beaucoup!